We’ve been waiting and lingering.
We’ve been nothing short of devoted and loyal.
We’ve also been extremely patient, considering our life has been put on hold for the last few months in anticipation of what has served as our source of wisdom, sageness, and basically daily bread.
And now our reward has finally arrived!
To usher in Season 3 of The Mindy Project, we want to do a little recap slash make a little trip down memory lane to revisit and relive past adventures, to see just how far our favorite Mindy has come…or maybe not.
But either way, we love her for her quick wit, fun wardrobe, and monstrous appetite, and not to mention her perfect apartment.
For a little diversion and to fill you up with solid sagacity (after all, you are taking advice from a DOCTOR, and for free!), here are 22 life lessons we can learn from her:
1. Being brutally honest and not feeling bad about it.
2. There’s no shame in loving what the rest of the world loves.
3. It’s smart to plan your own funeral so no one can ruin it.
4. How to get rid of a guy fast.
5. Don’t settle (for unemployed guys).
6. Smoking is stupid.
7. Chicken wings are a necessity in life.
8. Sometimes you just don’t know what to do with kids.
9. Not every problem has a solution.
10. Love yourself completely (yes, that includes your less-than-perfect body, style, and sense of humor no one else understands).
11. When in distress, resort to food.
12. Live on the edge.
13. It’s okay to be selfish sometimes.
14. Don’t worry about not being religious.
15. Not having a boyfriend or husband isn’t the worst thing in life.
16. It’s possible to imagine yourself as your favorite celebrity and favorite food all at the same time.
17. If you drink enough alcohol you, too, can be a celebrity.
18. A donut can stop crying.
19. It’s perfectly normal to own a chocolate fountain in your office.
20. Enjoy your own company.
21. Dream big.
22. Life could always use a little extra drama.
And if that didn’t put a smile on your face, I don’t know what would!